Jessica Chastain-starring horror film ‘Mama’ has hit the top of the US box office, dethroning last weeks number one Zero Dark Thirty.
The Bin Laden hunt thriller (which also stars Chastain) was pushed down to number two, just ahead of SIlver Linings Playbook and Gangster Squad.
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s new action movie The Last Stand made less impressive waves, managing to scrape into the top ten behind The Hobbit and Les Miserables.
Heres a look at the top ten in full:
- Mama, $28.1 million
- Zero Dark Thirty, $17.6 million
- Silver Linings Playbook, $11.4 million
- Gangster Squad, $9.1 million
- Broken City, $9 million
- A Haunted House, $8.3 million
- Django Unchained, $8.2 million
- Les Misérables, $7.8 million
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, $6.5 million
- The Last Stand, $6.3 million